Saturday, June 27, 2015

Starting my Summer with Anime Awesomeness

I've been absent from updating for a little while, since real life stuff kept getting in the way of my anime time. But I'm back now and I thought I'd share the anime that I'm currently watching to get my summer started off right.


First up is Fairytail. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that's read my blog before. This show is pretty much my favorite thing ever, at least right now. A high powered battle-anime with a fantasy twist. Lots of really interesting characters and story arcs.

The best part is, if you've never watched it before, you'll have quite a lot of episodes to binge watch before you catch up to the current arc.

Next we've got, Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? This anime kind of took me by surprise. With a name like that, I was expecting a rather thin harem anime in a fantasy setting. What I got was a harem anime, in a fantasy setting, with a surprisingly complex world full of really interesting characters. And, unlike some harem anime out there, not every single female character in the show is obsessed with the main character.

This anime just finished up its first season. No word yet if it's going to get a second, but the first one is so good you should definitely give it a try.


No Game, No Life, another anime with only one season so far but definitely a must watch for the gamers out there. The premise is that a brother and sister gamer team gets pulled into a fantasy world where all conflicts are solved through games. I absolutely loved the main characters, and definitely enjoyed the plot.



Tokyo Ghoul, I'm currently on the second season of this and simply can't stop watching it. It's definitely not for the faint of heart. As far as bloody anime go, this isn't as bad as say Elfen Lied, but it does get pretty extreme. There's also a pretty extensive torture scenario in the first season that had me curling my toes in fear. Our hero starts out as pretty wimpy, and not all that interesting, but he definitely grows and changes as the series progresses.

What about you? Is there an anime you recommend watching this summer? Old or new, it doesn't matter. I'm always looking for new ideas on what to watch next. I'm thinking my next series will be either Yona of the Dawn or Parasyte: The Maxim unless I get some other suggestions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment