Saturday, May 2, 2015

Catching up on Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail is one of those Anime that I started watching a while back, then I got really busy and stopped watching. But once I started getting active on social media I realized that everyone else is way ahead of me, which means that I'm probably going to be spoilered at every turn.

So I've been making an effort to catch up to current episodes. I've still got a long way to go.

I just finished the Infinity Clock story arc and let me tell you, the feels were real.

Spoilers beyond this point, so be wary.

When I was a kid I had several stuffed animals who were more real to me than some people. I told them all my secrets and they went pretty much everywhere with me. Even now as an adult, a few of them still have a place of honor on my bed.

So when I finally made the connection between Imitatia/Michelle and Lucy's past I found myself choking back tears. Especially once Brain II "killed" her and turned her back into a regular old doll.

If you didn't have that kind of relationship with a stuffed animal or doll as a child, then this story arc might not have made as much sense to you. But to me, it basically punched my childhood in the face.

Everything Michelle had done and said up to that point suddenly made sense. And while I've never felt much kinship with Lucy, I felt closer to her in those last few episodes than I ever had before.

I'm curious if I'm the only one that felt this way. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment